Monday, April 21, 2014

Sticky Chicken (Crockpot)


Busy schedules need more crockpot meals! I am winding down the semester, just a couple more weeks to go before finals so the rush is on to get it done.  Thank goodness I'll have a couple of months to get the brain cells to regenerate
before my one summer class begins in July.  This week, I've been trying to get everything ready for Easter, a care package to the daughter who's getting ready for her finals, and keeping up with my own studies.  With all of that, I don't have the time (or brain cells) to be thinking "what's for dinner" - I want it be ready when it's dinner time!

This sticky chicken recipe is perfect over rice but this particular night I chose to roast up some red potatoes and saute some green beans with walnuts.  Yes, I did say I needed dinner to be ready; however, the green beans cook up fast and the potatoes - I sort of cheated, they came from the frozen food section of the grocery store.  They're precooked and preseasoned with sea salt and pepper and all I do is toss them on a baking sheet and in the oven they go for about 20 minutes. It's a no-brainer!

Ingredients:

4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts 
1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce (I use Sweet Baby Rays)
1 cup apricot preserves (peach would work too)
1 packet dry onion soup mix (do not mix with water)
2 tbsp water

Instructions:

Spray your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. This makes for easy clean up.  

Place chicken breasts inside the crockpot.

Mix together the BBQ sauce and preserves in a small bowl. Pour over chicken.

Sprinkle the dry soup mix over the top and then sprinkle the water over the soup mix. 
Cover with the lid. Cook on low for 5 - 7 hours. 

Serve as I did with green beans with walnuts and balsamic and roasted potatoes or over rice is great too.

Enjoy!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...